Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Beach!!

It was beautiful outside on Saturday so we decided to hang out by the beach. It was nice to have a day to relax since we were busy all week.
Abby and Alex hanging out on the deck
This picture is out of order but this is how Abby took Evan to the beach
Grammy and Pa with Evan
happy Evan :)
Autzen trying to take Alex's breakfast. He was stalking Alex all morning for his muffins
Daddy and Alex walking to IHOP for breakfast
this trip was Evan's first time in a high chair (out at a restaurant). He loved being able to see everyone.
Should I get the pancakes??
We taught Alex how to blow the wrapper from the straw off the straw. He thought that was so funny!!
After breakfast we went home to put the boys in their swimming suits and then we went to the beach.
Daddy and Alex having fun in the sand
It amazes me how different Alex was this year compared to last year. Last year he just wanted to run into the ocean and this year he had so much fun playing in the sand.
Abby showing Alex how to make a sand castle

Abby and Tri
Mommy and Evan
Mommy and Daddy with Evan
My mom and her girls
Wes took Alex out to the ocean and he didn't like it. It thought it was too cold!!
He was happy to run back to the beach to play
Evan hanging out at the beach
Sunday morning was our last day in San Diego. It was also Easter so we packed up our suitcases and then went to brunch.
Mommy and Daddy with Alex . Evan took a nap while we ate breakfast.
On our way back to the house after breakfast we stopped to take some pictures by the beach. Obviously it was a little windy that day. Look at my hair!
Grammy and Pa with Evan
The Nguyens
We had an amazing trip to San Diego. This year was extra special because Grammy, Pa, Abby and Tri joined us. We hope Grammy enjoyed her birthday vacation. Thanks to everyone for helping us with the boys. We know that had a great vacation too!!

On our way home we stopped in El Centro. Wes went into the 7 Eleven while I stayed in the car with the boys. Alex had just fallen asleep and I was sitting in between their seats so I could feed Evan. The van started rocking back and forth. I had no idea what it was and I looked outside to see if someone was shaking our car.. Then I thought it was heavy wind. It didn't stop and I thought the car was going to take off so I jumped in the front seat. I'm not sure what I thought I was going to do. Finally the car stopped shaking and then I looked back and the trunk flew open. Autzen then jumped out. Just as I was about to get him Wes walked up to the car and grabbed Moose. He told me that what we experienced was an earthquake. It turned out it was a 7.2 earthquake and we happened to be about 40 miles from the center. My parents and Abby and Tri were at the airport when it happened and they felt it too. Thank goodness everyone was ok. What a way to end a vacation!!!

No comments: