Friday, September 30, 2011

Rosh Hashanah and Wes' Birthday

Wednesday night was the beginning of Rosh Hashanah so Alex and Evan had a sing along at school during the day.   It was really cute watching Evan sing the songs.  I guess he is really paying attention haha!  I feel really lucky that I am able to participate in all of their activities at school.  
Mommy and her boys at the apple dip sing along
As long as I have been living in Phoenix it is still hard knowing my family in St. Louis is together for a holiday and we aren't there.  I am trying to carry on the traditions so we had Abby, Tri and Logan  over Wednesday night for Rosh Hashanah dinner and to celebrate Wes' birthday.  His birthday was Thursday but he would be working.  Alex and Juliette made a cake for Wes and then I helped Alex decorate the top. Somehow Moose had a minute alone with the cake and this is what happened. He ate the "Daddy" off of the cake.....leave it to Marley!
Abby and Evan reading his superhero book. He is obsessed with Batman!
my sweet Alex
Logan started crying and Evan went over to him and said "what's the matter Wogan"... so cute!  Rudy came running too.  He is a very protective big brother!
someone found his hands!!
Abby and Alex lighting the candles
We all sang happy birthday to "uncle Wes"  not sure why Alex said that during the song instead of calling him Daddy haha!
my family
Evan couldn't wait to get his hands on the cake
Abby, Tri and Logan
thank you to Tri for running out to get a new cake.  the boys loved this one!!
my adorable little nephew
the next morning we gave Daddy his presents before he left for work. I took the boys to Target and they picked out their own gift bags. They were so excited to show Daddy what they found.
some new Duck attire 
I thought it was pretty creative that the boys used the laundry baskets as a shell so they could be turtles 
Evan so cool with his shades on (in the house)
happy Alex 

No comments: